So this is the first time that I have subscribed to Sugar Box. Currently the box phenomenon is very popular, with the likes of Fab bag, envy box etc. flooding the market. While I had very average experiences with most of them, sugar box has tried to do something different in this sphere. They have curated very cute and girly stuff such as jewelry, gourmet treats, lifestyle and beauty products for their monthly box. It is a welcome change from the tiny samples that we normally get from the others.
For the June edition, they had a red carpet themed box aka all that you need to get ready to walk the red carpet in style and let the spotlight shine on you. I was intrigued by the theme, so I had to order a box for myself and the box didn’t disappoint.
Just to give you a glimpse on the packaging. It is a white box with red ribbons tied around it. Gives you an impression of a large gift box and who doesn’t adore that? I know I do.
Here is the Red Carpet edition un-boxed:
What the box contains:
Clockwise from the left:
1. Trinklet- This is a cute cocktail ring that I received (Rs. 450)
2. Jewellery stand- This could be used for hanging those delicate chains and pendants that always entangled when kept in a box. I hate when that happens. (Rs. 650)
3. Seduction Las Vegas Lipstick- Its a hot pink shade. I am yet to try it out. (Rs. 180)
4. Odiva Nail removing wipes- I got four of those. They are acetone free and Vitamin-e enriched.
5. Eye lash curler- you know what to do with it (Rs 350)
6. Heart mints- Had a few and I am making another addition very soon (Rs. 100)
7. Cartoon selfie stick- Not a boring one but really quirky. With the selfie obsession reaching sky high, its a must have today. (Rs. 850)
8. Book Clutch- Its an Eiffel tower book clutch. Perfect but the only thing missing is the magnet that would keep it closed. That a minus that I see. However, you can use it as a box but I am going to fix it with something and use it as a clutch.
Total value of the box: Rs. 3530
What I paid for it: Rs 1499
All in all I am quite satisfied with the products. I would have liked to see some more sparkle and glamour because it is a red carpet edition, but nevertheless I think I am quiet satisfied with it.
If you want to subscribe, click here
Every month they have a themed box. For July, they have come up with the monsoon edition which would surely have some good stuff to look forward to. While the current month subscription box is priced at Rs 1499, the older boxes from the previous months are still available on the website at a price of Rs 1899. They also sell the individual products on the website. So you can pick and choose your favorites.
Also they maintain a certain amount of secrecy regarding the products that go into the box, so its a surprise when you receive the box. Once booked, you can expect the delivery by the end of the month.